Carnet at Iranian border

How the Carnet Works :


The Carnet de Passages en Douane (CPD) is a customs document that identifies a driver's motor vehicle. It is required in order to take a vehicle into a significant but diminishing number of countries around the world. The Carnet allows travellers to temporarily import their vehicles without having to leave a cash deposit at the border. It is, in essence, an international guarantee for payment of customs duties and taxes to a government should the vehicle or item not be re-exported from that country. Persons who temporarily import their vehicles or items into countries where the Carnet is required must agree to obey the laws and regulations of that country and particularly the conditions of temporary importation. The Carnet contains relevant information about the items or vehicle – make, model, colour, engine capacity, seating capacity, registration number, owner and value. It’s an international agreement, organised by the Alliance International de Tourisme (AIT) in Switzerland, and administered through agents worldwide. These agents are usually national automobile association or touring club such as : the RAC in the UK, ADAC in Germany, ANWB in the Netherlands, RACB in Belgium, ÖAMTC in Austria, TCS in Switzerland and the AAA in Australia. Theoretically, you could arrange your Carnet with any authorised agent but, in practice, they won’t issue Carnets for foreign owners or foreign vehicles e.g. the ADAC. They all have different rules.


Where you need it?


The Carnet is needed in many countries like Iran, UAE, Oman, India, Nepal, Japan, Australia some of African countries and some other countries in the world.


The deposit is how much?


Here’s the bad news. In order to obtain a Carnet, the owner of the items is required to provide a security based on the age and market value of the vehicles. Import taxes are very high in some countries. The AIT classifies countries into bands from 1 to 8 according to their tax regime. To calculate your Carnet deposit, simply multiply the price of your bike by the band number of the countries you wish to cross. For example Iran is in band 5, so requires a deposit of 5 times the value of your vehicle. Carnet deposits can be huge. A new Ewan & Charlie style BMW costs about €15,000. To ride one across Europe to Iran requires a down-payment of €75,000. Ouch! It’s possible to reduce the deposit by lowering the estimated value of your bike, but the agent has to agree that the figure is fair and reasonable.


Different ways to pay : 


The quickest and easiest method to pay the deposit is by cash or credit card. The downside is that a large amount of money is tied up during your trip. The agents have therefore organised alternative methods of payment. You can take out a Carnet insurance policy. If you default, the insurance company pays the deposit - but the small print says you have to pay the money back. Insurance usually costs about 10% of the deposit, and the minimum value they will underwrite is typically around €2000. Your bank can also guarantee the deposit, using your property or savings as a security. Banks will usually charge for this service, and there may be additional administration fees for the agent.


Costs : 


As you may have guessed, you don't get that thing for free, in fact it isn't even inexpensive and has it's own difficulties. First you need to pay a fee to the automobile club to get the Carnet done which depends to your country of residence. Moreover, you need to deposit some money to the automobile club which can be used if you don't return home with your vehicle. Of course you'll get this money back once you arrive back home, but for some travelers to start trip with amount of deposit short will quite a hole in their budget.


Carnet at Iranian border by Hossein Sheykhlou :


So, Across the world, driving a car from a foreign country to another requires the payment of tax and duties. A Carnet de Passage is a form of certification to prove you’re only ‘temporarily’ importing the vehicle into country. For some overland travelers it seems that Iran is the only country requiring a Carnet and if you want to avoid all the difficulties of getting that in your home country, well there is another option for those who are interested to enter into Iran without Carnet de Passage which is easier, cheaper, quicker way and that is possible with my specific and exclusive service. In the text below you can read more about my service :

For those who are going to visit Iran using their own car, truck, camper or motorcycle might want to get the temporary Carnet de Passage at the Iranian border by my service. I can provide official customs document which is 100% legal and approved by customs of the Islamic republic of Iran then you can get into and out of country with this document, of course you will have registered, and documents, because it is necessary for yours to have them when you travel in Iran and when you want to leave Iran, what am i saying is that you will simply pay the cost for my service and all i will give you will be a official document or let's say Iranian version of Carnet de Passage, also with my service you don't need to pay any amount of money as a deposit. I am able to do the process at the Iranian side of the borders in Bazargan/Turkey, Bajgiran/Turkmenistan, Astara/Azerbaijan, Norduz/Armenia, i do the job so smooth and quick you never feel as if you are going through an oriental customs, Please notice this official document will be only valid for 10 days maximum and your exit point must be to the another country, For example from Turkey to Turkmenistan or etc, But if you enter from Armenia to Iran then with my provided official documents your vehicle will be able to stay in Iran as long as your visa. This service helps you to save time and money usually spend by arranging the Carnet de Passage in your home country.


Please contact me for the cost and latest details.